Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Brrrr baby..it's cold out here

Snow has been predicted for tomorrow. So what! you might say, well then you interneters can "blow it out your ass." Balonie is not impressed..uh uh. You see I am still..STILL..driving the big horking conversion van, suitable only to those retired old farts who want to go to Arizona and play cards, and swat flies. Conversion vans are not icy road friendly...they like dry road filled with cacti and such.

Why did we buy it? I have no idea, we must have been drunk. It's bad enough to be 60, and worse being seen driving a conversion van. Everywhere I drive, I see the look in the other motorists eyes.."hey, a snowbird"... "they should be leaving for Arizona anytime soon." They don't even fucking cut me off. I am treated with respect. None of which I deserve. None. Maybe I should open the windows and crank the speakers up, and play a ABBA CD..LOL..and then they will know I'm cool. Maybe not. Well, I still have Hendrix.

This here getting old stuff is wearing on my last nerve.. where are my old bell bottoms, my tye dye shirts, most of all my - no fear attitude!! I want that back the most. I used to always give my parents a hard time about worrying about every stinking little thing..and look at me now..fudge. I'm gettin weak. Yup, the time's are a changing for me, but only if I let them. Maybe it's because I have a 6 in front of my age instead of a 5, I don't know...But I have decided to live through another decade with an attitude. I already have one, but I intend to givershit..this time round. I don't know why, but some cloud lifted off over my head today and I just felt damn good.

Sixty, schmichky...who gives a whoot in hell. I'm back. I won't dwell on it anymore. Gonzo.

I sure hope Mary Lou, knows, I write these blogs only because she gave me some inspiration to do so about a year ago. If I wouldn't have found her by some circumstance I would never be blogging.

Well, I'm off to start my 60th. year with hope in my heart and shit for brains...let's just see how that all works out!!

And with that..a little ole age humour

Just when you have lost faith in human kindness:

This letter was sent to the principal's office after an
Elementary school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly.

An old lady had received a new radio at the lunch as a
door prize, and was writing to say thank you. This story
is a credit to all human kind.


Dear Faculty and Students:

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent
Senior Citizens' luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at
an Assisted Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed
away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know someone is
thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old
forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio. Before I
received this one, she would never let me listen to hers,
even when she was napping. The other day, her radio fell
off the night stand and broke. It was awful and she was
in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine, and I
said fuck you. Thank you for that opportunity.

Yours truly, Agnes.

Joan: Agnes, that took a lot of guts!!

Agnes: Yes, Joan it did. She is still trying to hear my radio..but since then I got a serious I Pod ..not going to happen.

No comments: