Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Getting new glasses and eye check on Thursday

I had a very bad experience the last time I had my eyes checked... I have been going to this old fart in the strip mall for 20 years.  He doesn't even have a computer.  He has a mensch who is about 980 years old who rules the front desk.  He has a calculator when he bills you.  There frame selection seems to be up to date.... but not so for the rest of it.  The last time I was in there...let's say 6 years ago or so... I had an eye exam before purchasing my present pair of glasses..   Just a note are glasses called a pair?  Or is it just because there are two lenses...just wondering?

Any who.... I had my eyes examined.  He told me that he had just got a new device where he did not have to drop some shit in my eyes to see if I had glaucoma ... instead he had a machine which he put in front of my eyes...and it clicked.  And it clicked...and it clicked some more.  He was looking concerned.  I was getting concerned .... because of all the clicking and shit.

Then he said... I don't want to alarm you but this new machine has been giving me a few problems since I bought it and I have sent a lot of patients to see a REAL EYE DOCTOR...to make sure everything is okay.  My thinking was....if you saw an increase in problems with glaucoma GET YOUR MACHINE FIXED.   I never did that.  It's been a long time and guess what... I can see!  I just need to get my eyes checked because I am vain.... I want new frames....and the print in the newspaper is getting so damn small.

I have progressive lenses so that ain't cheap.  Especially now that I don't have any benefits from work. But the place I went to ..gave me a 40 percent discount for the eye exam because I am a SENIOR CITIZEN (still makes me laugh)...and 50 % for the lenses because they had a sale going on.

Hopefully this new place will have a computer....and a competent optometrist. Eye will be seeing u soon...lol



Balonie....






4 comments:

Judy said...

At your age, you need to be going to an opthamologist--a REAL eye doctor--or so I was told a couple years ago, so I did! Lots of cool machines to see deep into the eyes. Then I got my prescription filled at Wal-Mart, suppose to be cheaper. They cost me $400.00, which is what they cost at the optomitrist office. Next month, I am going to a Costco store (I don't think you have them) and they will only cost $199.99. Anyway--it will be nice for both of us to see the small print better :-)

JUST A MOM said...

I believe the rule of thumb is every year to get an exam...specially at yoru age,, oh I mean my age too. yeah I am behind by 3 year too...

Donna said...

I went to the eye doctor back in the Summer and found out my near site wasn't so good and my Far sight was Great! (20/30)...go figure. I couldn't see zip as a kid far off.
I'm getting sick of exams of Any kind but I know they're necessary...I guess...
Sweet weekend...
hughugs

Brenda said...

And I bet you look cute as a bug in them new specks.