Thursday, October 13, 2011

We don't have much in place

 TV is still sitting on the floor....

 Penny is making here debut.
 Only one counter chair has been built because we need sleep more that we need them dang chairs.
Windows were clean until a huge wind storm hit us last week...fudge...

One day at a time... I know...but I can't wait!!!

I went shopping yesterday and picked out the living room sofa....so that is done.  All that is left is the kitchen dinette and the dining room.  I already did the bedroom before we moved.  But we haven't ordered it yet....because someone around here likes to second guess me....but it will be.


Thanks for hanging around this ole blog site.  I know I am not half as amusing as I once was...but this building a new home and moving takes away from the funny.  This is serious stuff....especially when your dog can't get out of any of your three doors to take a shit because of the mud.  I bought 4 pieces of grass sod today.  I lined part of my porch with plastic and topped it with real grass.  No, she can't go running until they finish the driveway and we can't get out of here the easy way to the street....but she has missed grass so much since we moved and has had to shit on dry mud in the back ... until it rained and now everything is stinking ole red river clay.  Until the rain we did a lot of walks through the woods...it was great...but not so much now that we can't seem to get off the property.  So, I built her a porch lawn/doggie outhouse. 

I hope I don't have to mow it.haaaaaaa

More pic's to come....

11 comments:

JustMe said...

Beautiful house and view! Don't worry, it will all fall into place, and you will unpack your funny again!

Nicole said...

Your house is beautiful! Soon you'll have your new furniture in place and then suddenly it will hit you that the place has become your home. Don't get lost in the day to day hassles for too long!

And don't worry, we still love dropping by to read your blog. Grump all you want!

Captain Poolie said...

What a totally cool house! Things will settle soon.

JUST A MOM said...

JOAN IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the windows,, well yah what ya gunna do chopper a guy in to clean them for ya? beautiful dream,, I once had a dream and now well I dream about being alive next week hahhahhahahahaaaa can't wait to see it a HOME so know that feeling it took me a while to get it....

Sally said...

Oh goodness, Joan; I knew it was going to be beautiful but it's amazing! I love the floors!!

So happy for all three of you. :)

Judy said...

I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the TV because of the beautiful views out those windows!!!!

Donna said...

It is Absolutely Gorgeous Joan! You do Good Decorating!!!
Love all those windows...Hope Miss Penny can find a dry spot...Lolol
Enjoy!!
hughugs

Brenda said...

It's so beautiful Miz Joan! I LOVE the windows, and the floors, and ,,,I just love it all!

Mary Lou said...

I think I would sit forever in that room looking out the window! I bet you cant wait until it snows!

Blondi Blathers said...

Looks very private out those windows!

Donna said...

It looks lovely! Building a home is not for the faint of heart! And yes, there will be things that have to be fixed for months to come. That's just the way it is. We finally got our punch list items taken care of 14 months after we moved in. No joke.

Try to enjoy the blessings and overlook the hassles!