Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I made an appointment... and short notes

I'm not sure I am doing the right thing..I will see when I get there.  I sealed the deal by taking her card didn't I?   I will check it out and if I am not comfortable it will be the last. 

I have been racing around still trying to make this house a home.  Some days it does, some days it feels like I am visiting. 

Spring has sprung...I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to get outside without your 100 pound parka draped over your shoulders.  

SIL..Gord's brothers wife ...who live right down our..(new) street is dying of cancer.  She just went into the hospital last week.  I haven't seen her for about 10 years as she has been very reclusive most of her life.  Gord and his bro are very tight and see each other every night after work so I hope we can help him get through this. 

5 comments:

Captain Poolie said...

Good luck with this, kiddo. Thinking of you.

Sally said...

I'm glad Gord and his brother are close, and you guys can help him.

This house has never felt like home to me; I made a stupid mistake, and can't wait to move sometime over the next year or so. But, I know eventually you will LOVE living in your new home; it just takes time to settle in. :)

Donna said...

Ten years...wow...Glad Gord and Brother are so close! Sending her prayer...
We'll need pictures of the "do"!Lol
hughugs

Judy said...

I haven't felt "at home" since I moved from my grandma's home 20 years ago. I keep thinking this is my temporary home, but after 9 years, I guess I need to wake up.

Brenda said...

I know you and Gord will help his brother get through this. It takes time, lots and lots of time but I don't know how much time yet cause I haven't reached that point.

Miz Joan, when my house burned in 2002 we lost everything. I found out very quickly that it's not the house that makes the home, it's your stuff, the things you've gathered throughout your life that have memories and meaning. With that you can make any place your home eventually. I know without it, it takes years and years.