Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th.

Nothing really bad happened...so far.  Touch wood.  Except for the part where I went grocery shopping. 

I should explain something first:  The warning "beep" that tells me my lights are on when I exit the vehicle no longer works. I put on all the lights when it's snowing or raining really heavy like it was today.  Twice this winter I had to get Gord to "boost" me at different locations of city.  He kept on saying we should get this fixed.. never did.  Today....while it was raining I was well aware of NOT turning on the lights....because sure as hell I would forget to turn them off.  I had three different stops to make .. and at the last one at Safeway I turned off my windshield wipers before I went in ... or so I thought. I have no idea why I would turn off the windshield wipers because ...hey they stop all on there own when you turn the truck off.   Fudge..... I turned the stinking lights on.  Wrong switch...

Almost an hour in at Safeway .... I hear someone on the intercom telling us that a Black Ford Explorer with licence plates "RUSTUPID" you have your lights on.  I just about freaked.  I left my cart...and ran back outside........... just as I was wheezing up to my truck I realized I left my stinking purse in the cart.  I ran back inside ...grabbed my purse from the cart...and ran back outside ...in the rain...and wheezed some more. Got to the truck...lights were still on...and prayed it would start...I really didn't want to call Gord for a third time....it was nip and tuck... I turned off the lights...I turned her over...and she went...umph umph...and then it caught.........I almost cried with relief... I know Gord would have come and boosted me again... I didn't want to be that dumbass again. Dodged that bullet..heh. 

I'm bringing the truck in on Monday to get it fixed... I have other problems...only my left blinker works and I am getting kind of tired of only going to places where I only have to make a left turn.  Your world gets so much smaller.  And you sort of go in circles.

7 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

hahah oh sorry but it IS funny,,, well not that you get a dead truck but the turnin thing I thought well just make right turns and then bam you pretty much said it.. have a great weekend.

Captain Poolie said...

Time for a truck exorcism!

Brenda said...

Hey there Left Turn Jane. Hope they fix that truck up right for you!

Donna said...

Maybe even after you get them fixed, put a post-it-note on your dash that says Turn Your Lights Off...Hahaaa...
hughugs

Sally said...

I know exactly where you're coming from, Joan. I've done it over and over. Finally, had to get a new battery, and had NO idea how much they cost now.

Did you go back and get your groceries? :)

Judy said...

OHMIGOSH--you certainly keep your life interesting! Yeah--did you go back and finish grocery shopping?

JUST A MOM said...

April 13th have you forgotten us?