Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Time.....

I just figured out I might only have about 10 years of my life left.  I'm 67.  That means I have about 10 more Christmases to live.   Maybe.

You know.... I never gave this shit a thought. 

Until the new babies who are now born and expecting in my family .  I will never see them grow up.  Will they ever remember me? 

I can't believe there will be a world without me watching it.  How can that happen?...because I thought the world happened when I came into it.

I'm still shocked at my revelation.

7 comments:

Blondi Blathers said...

Have you read The Death of Ivan Illich? He had the same feelings as you, and as all of us, do. How is it possible the world can go on without us?

Just this morning I was thinking about it, whether I am taking full advantage of the time I have, or am I coasting, comfortable, kind of wasting it.

Donna said...

I just don't worry about it..."It's not the destination. it's the journey..."
hughugs

Captain Poolie said...

Food for thought.........

Grandma K said...

Yep - that thought hit me the other day. My youngest grandchild will probably not remember me at all!

Sally said...

I don't worry about it either as Donna said. My hope though is that I'll long enough to see the girls settled and happy. I know that's a long shot though.

You, my friend? Enjoy every moment you can with those babies;and their moms (your nieces) will tell them about their Aunt Joanie and what a special person you are.

xoxo

Brenda said...

I think about it too and then decide there's not a thing I can do about it and go on with my day.

JUST A MOM said...

YOU THINK TOO MUCH