Monday, January 09, 2012

I don't know where this came from...but I feel like posting again

I really do. 

This last year or two have been so scrambled I haven't had a minute to myself....it was "always something".....life for me has changed so much ...first with retiring when it WAS not my idea...let's not go there...and then the HOUSE.. and all it's challenges.  This afternoon I emptied the last of 10 boxes stored in different closets.  All the stuff was there that I was looking for...my stuff..stuff to put on shelves and pictures to put on the wall...tacky nick knacks...that make a home a home.. I found them all.  They smell like home.  All my books and photo albums.  They all have a brand new home.  The best part is that I don't have to go down two flights of stairs to enjoy them...they are now at my fingertips.

We will probably be in for one more set back with the flooring...but I'm looking at the big picture and if something drastic has to be done....I can get past that too.  Everything else is almost in place.  We got the coffee and end tables last week, so I rearranged the living room to accommodate it...

Sometimes I feel guilty for having so much.  I know it took our life time to get to this point. We never spent any money on anything at the old house because we knew at one point we would be moving.  Now that we are here it feels a little decadent....or maybe I will just enjoy the fruits of our labour.

I will get some pictures up soon.

PS.... I still can't talk.....the voice is gone...that balonie is still making house calls.

6 comments:

Captain Poolie said...

Sounds like things are coming along. Hooray! Hope you feel better soon. This was me about a year ago when my voice "failed."

http://youtu.be/nkC4GIWNlpU

Grandma K said...

Just enjoy! You deserve it.

Sally said...

Yes ma'am, you deserve everything you and Gord have worked so hard for.

:)

Judy said...

You deserve ALL of it!!! Now you need to ENJOY all of it!!! I want you to keep posting here because when you don't, I really miss you!

Donna said...

Awwww, Joan! You two Deserve ALL that you've Earned! You worked hard for it so now just sit back and enjoy it! You are indeed, Blessed!
hughugs

JUST A MOM said...

I often sit and think what would I do with such a nice big house??? then I think well hell I surely would figure out something BRING IT ON! Your house is beautiful and yes you worked long and hard for it.. I think the biggest thing I love about it is those big windows and what is sitting just outside of them. I think I could just sit and look all day. can they put a LIKE button on here cause I really like what Judy said.....