Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm kinda partial to dirt

I've been up in it all day.

Finally I have the back 40 in some kind of sense of order. The guy I married is of no help. None what so ever. He hurt his arm two weeks ago, and has been whining ever since. What gives? Men....they must have a really low pain threshold or they are just effin wusses.

It was windy today again as I was repairing all the damage in the back forty, and I could hear a lot of the huge trees ...creaking... not a good sign. I got hit on the head with falling apples more than once from the smaller trees. I made Penny sit under the pikanik table...just in case a piece of lumber decided to break loose. I found a hard hat in the garage and wore that for about two minutes before it pissed me off and I took it off. I looked and felt like an asshole. I also found a welder's helmet in the garage. It was so cool..it's almost like a burka style head piece. I'm planning on doing a video tomorrow where I will be demonstrating how to work safe in your backyard when you have unstable trees about 60 feet high swinging in the wind... while wearing head safety gear.

Penny's pretty good...when she hears a creak...she's under the table. I however, dive into bushes. And at my age that is not a pretty sight. Especially when I hit the raspberry patch. Ouch.. I'm still taking thorns out of my nose.

Bee Back....tomorrow....

6 comments:

Captain Poolie said...

Do you promise to make the video???

Curtis said...

Yeah I gotta see this video

Brenda said...

I can not wait for the video!

Donna said...

Can't wait to see the video! I Know you will give infallable instructions...Hahahaa....
hughugs

Grandma K said...

Oh I want to see the welder's hat!

Joan said...

I got the video camera charging as we speak. I just have to figure out the logistics of making the video outside in the backyard..by myself. I might have to hang it from a tree or something.