Thursday, July 22, 2010

A nice day of rain and some reading

I have read Jane Eyre many times before and also saw the movie on Masterpiece Theatre but that was a long time ago. So I got the book at the library the other day along with 4 others that I picked at random because I couldn't choose. I read the entire book in 48 hours...yes I skipped some crap, only because I wanted to get to the good parts I knew were coming. I loved it as usual.

Just when I thought I got my reading mojo back....I started to read another book (that I had picked at random)...and fell out of love with reading again.

I love books that are written in first person narration like Jane Eyre. You can get into the head of the writer. It's personal. When I started the other books they paled in comparison. Charlotte knew how to tell a story.

If I ever try to write a book it will be in the "first person".

If it quits raining I will be out in the back 40 tomorrow trying to clean up the apples that are falling from about 40 feet above. Man those suckers are big and when they hit the ground or the shed it sounds like a cannon went off. I have to make sure Penny is no where near that area. Or I might have to get a doggie hard hat for her.

I have been receiving all my cheques this month for unemployment and my CPP benefits ....holy moly I like this shit.....no work...but lots of money coming in. It doesn't get better than that.

We will need it for the new house.
Balonie....just a click away.........

4 comments:

Curtis said...

Hey it looks nice in here. One of these days I'm a gonna learn to read. I do most of my reading on the internet. Ain't got time for no book. I hope it isn't raining. Don't want my truck to get dirty.

Judy said...

I haven't been reading much in the past couple of years, then all of a sudden, BAM--I want to read books again and have read quite a few in the last three months. I just can't seem to get enough. Why is that? I remember loving Jane Eyre. Another one you might like is Madam Bovary--an old book, I think written in first person, can't remember, but a good book with a few racy parts to keep us interested.

Brenda said...

I love my books and I love my Kindle. I don't know what I'd do without my love of reading.

Donna said...

Great reading on a rainy day!
IF you ever write a book???...snortsnort....:o(
You mean...When....;o)
Oh yeah....Lolol
Just enjoy rolling in all that dough sister...You've earned it!
hughugs