Monday, June 27, 2011

No soup for you!

Tomorrow is a  meeting with the guy who will install the brick in the front of the house and around the fireplace at 9:00 fricking AM.

Since I have retired I have become the laziest tart in the valley.  I go to bed at 11:00-12:00 PM and sleep until 10:00 AM.  AND if it's a rainy cloudy morning I will lay there for another half an hour.  Just listening to the rain and the sound of my pond tinkling in the back yard while I snuggle up in my really soft comforter.  Who knew I would love retirement this much?  I bitched about it for an entire summer last year because I didn't quite get it....but now I do.  Sometimes I feel guilty that I should be doing more and at least go down to the laundry room to see if the dryer has quit and bring up the clothes....but most time I totally forget about it and have to restart it to get the wrinkles out of the clothes. 

I don't try to make projects anymore.  That was driving me crazy.  I just let what has to be done and what I want to do lead me on. 

I intend to get a little more motivated once we start selling the house, but for now I am enjoying this parcel of time I have left in this house to smell the roses.  Actually I don't have any roses, but I do have hundreds of plants coming up in my garden that I thought had died.  Yes, they chose this year to come up!  They must be bidding me farewell.  Or just sticking their tongues out at me for not taking care of them when I was here.  I will have to do a little pruning because it has got out of hand with all their rage.

Made a pot of soup today.  It started out as a normal pot of soup...until I upped it.  I had a lot of left over spinach from the salad I made for Hippy Chicks birthday...plus some bok choy from a dish I made last week, and with carrots, onions, peas, beans, potatoes and a couple of slabs of smoked ham. I added some summer savoury...lots of black pepper ....and it still doesn't smell like soup.  I added some chicken stock to it...and it still didn't smell like soup.  Not the soup I am used to.  Well at least I got rid of the spinach and bok choy I had left over.  I love bok choy in a stir fry... but this was soup.  Bok Choy probably recognized I was was trying to make a Mennonite soup with Chinese ingredients...and kicked the Mennonite out of the soup.  Can't veggies get along?  It tasted okay...just okay.  The fresh buns we had with it were the best.

Gotta go...I have to get up at 9:00AM tomorrow so that means I have to be in bed by 9:00PM tonight.

Balonie...just making a pit stop on Joan's blog..

3 comments:

Donna said...

That soup sounds pretty good!
Just give me the chance at retirement...I'll NEVER bitch...I SWEAR!!!Hahahaaa
Enjoy your self Girl!! And don't woorry about that darn laundry...
hughugs

Judy said...

I TOLD YOU!!! 9:00 is my usual get up time also. My girl friends get up at 7:00. I asked them why? Of course, they take naps in the afternoon--I take my nap from the time Fred gets out of bed in the morning, until 9:00. works for me.

Sally said...

The only time I bitch about retirement is when it's time to pay the bills. :)

Can't wait to see the brick!