Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The day after the day after the day of ................

A picture of the girls with the hats Auntie Joanie gave them.  It's kind of hard to see because they are black.  But they loved them...or so they said.  Nahhh they like em. 

I have other pictures of  the other kids, but I dare not put them on here because ... some people have rules about publishing pic's of their kids.  I will respect that.  oop's I almost said Anal.  Nevermind.

Yesterday I found a digital camera card in the snow while I was coming out of Safeway.  I picked it up,brushed off the dirt and snow and stuck it my purse.  When I got home I put it my camera to see if I could find any indication of the owner. It was a 4 gig card and there was a lot ... I mean a lot of pictures in it.  I went through most of them and figured it was a Phillipeno family who lives here in Winnipeg. The first  pictures were of a very sick older man with his wife at his side in the hospital.  Lots of them as he seemed to be going through some kind of procedure.  Then you saw his casket....and then the funeral and after that the commemoration at his grave.  And after that there were hundreds of pictures of family etc.  Graduations, summer activities and so much more.  I felt so bad they had lost this.  I'm not sure if they had downloaded the pictures to there computer and not deleted them from the card or not.  I only had one clue on the pictures that they belonged to a Las Pinas Association here in Winnipeg.  But I couldn't find it in the phone book.  So today I emailed our local "talk radio" station CJOB and asked for some help in locating the owners. 

I hope someone comes forward if the station does broadcast it.  If not, I'm sitting here with Grandpa and his last days..  very sad. 

balonie

7 comments:

Dawn said...

The girls look cute in their hats ! That is too bad about that family and the camera card. Hopefully the radio station will broadcast it.

Blondi Blathers said...

Those photos are probably very meaningful to someone. I hope you manage to find the owner.

Captain Poolie said...

How good of you to try to find the owner of the card.

Donna said...

Good Looking hats Joan! Beautiful girls too!
I tried to look Las Pinas Asso. up on the internet...all I could find was real estate offerings.
If you have a Chamber of Commerce or City Hall, they may be able to help you search...
Yes...sad!
hughugs

Donna said...

You'd be surprised how many folks keep taking pictures for months and months on their cameras, never downloading the pictures. How sad that they lost the card. You might want to put up a flyer at the grocery store too, in case the people retrace their steps. It is nice of you to try to find the owner!

Donna said...

You might try this source:
http://www.filipinojournal.com/

Joan said...

I found the Filipino Association in Winnipeg and emailed them...but it was returned because there server was overloaded.

I will wait a few days .. and go to Safeway and ask if someone has inquired about it.

So far the radio station must have better fish to fry...nothing yet.