Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doing face plants

The company I work for moved down the street from our old building...that we own did not see fit to take all of the plants I have umm sort of been watering over 14 years. My husband of 100 hundred years wanted to keep the crap.

Guess what happened?

Yup, I have the plants I was trying to kill for 14 years in my living room. With the exception of three, which I "put down".....when he wasn't looking. I have an ornamental orange tree, that doesn't have the brains to die. In a pot that looks like shit. In my living room. It's huge, ugly and so determined to live, that I cannot accidentally kill the sucker. It blooms all the time, and the oranges are so big and bright. It needs pruning and I will have to wait for warmer weather to drag it out and clean it up outside. I will take a picture of it once I clean it up.

This plant was such a show stopper for clients that walked into our building. They couldn't believe you could grow an orange in Canada. Well, you can, and we even gave them a taste. Those little buggers are very pungent, and they peel like a Chinese orange. We couldn't keep it in our new building because it needs direct sunlight, which was not in the cards.

The other one is safe, because it's a tropical plant and will survive here in a lower light place. When our company moved Gord ... in all his wisdom put it in front of a South facing window, and almost killed it with sunshine. I'm doing damage control with it now.

Then I kicked his ass..........because I don't want me no more plants. WE ARE MOVING. Damn it. I don't need anymore shit around here. He is about a pint short of a hoarder. I cannot stand old useless shit hanging around. You don't want to look in our garage. It's neat and tidy....but way to much shit.

balonie....if the crap don't kill ya....or trip you up....carry on.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I love plants, but don't have room for them in here, so.....I have always wanted an orange tree--if I lived closer, I could come by and take it off your hands, but alas and alack........

Brenda said...

I can usually keep plants growing outside but I'm a plant murderer for anything indoors. I can't wait to see the orange tree!

Grandma K said...

Wow! I love the new header! It really woke me as I was just going through blogs. It fits your subject today too!

Donna said...

YOU and ME EITHER!!! I'm the Worlds Worse for plants! Sick of taking care of them and all they do is die on me!!Hahaaa
I've also tried to grow an orange tree...all I managed to grow were bugs...LLOL
Sweet weekend to you!!!
hughugs
PS- I Really is pretty in here girl! Love the flowers!