Monday, March 01, 2010

March 1st.

Two more months until I will be set free from slavery. I have songs of freedom ringing in my brain.

I wish by golly I could spread my wings and fly
And let my grounded soul be free for just a little while
To be like eagles when they ride upon the wind
And taste the sweetest taste of freedom for my soul.

Heh, kind of heavy stuff for me to be writing isn't it? I'm so ready to bust out of these chains that bind me.

What this means to me:

I can come and go whenever I want to.

I don't have to cram all the housework and Gord's bookwork for the business into one weekend.

I can play and walk my dog whenever I want to.

I can sleep in (this is a biggie for now) I am sure I will get up earlier when I realize nobody expects me to get the hell up.

I can watch late night movies if I want to without the nagging thought of....I will feel like shit in the morning.

I can visit friends.

I can shop during the day.

I won't be pissed off every time someone invites us for "something" over the weekend. As it is now, I feel they are stealing my time. Because I have to get everything done in two days. When I was younger this wasn't a problem because I had all kinds of energy. Now, I guess I'm slowing down a bit. I think I have offended some people by not showing up for an event; but I'm just not able to keep up with it. First things first, and that's the way it is.

Balonie.... measuring her time.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Well, Isn't it Gorgeous in here?!!!
Nice Decorating Girl!
I WISH I were planning my retirement...alas...
Enjoy the planning sweetie!
hughugs

Judy said...

Retirement is sweet! you are going to love the freedom it give you. Kind of like when you were a kid during summer vacation from school. To know that you can do anything you want, whenever you want or do nothing at all, is truly liberating. One more month, Eh?

Sally said...

SO pretty here, Joan.

I know you've got to be very excited, and I'm happy for you. You're not getting old; you've only just begun. :)

Judy said...

I was wrong, two more months, Eh?

Brenda said...

I hope you enjoy every second of your freedom! You deserve it.

Love the blog frocks.

Anonymous said...

"I won't be pissed off every time someone invites us for "something" over the weekend. As it is now, I feel they are stealing my time. Because I have to get everything done in two days."

Oh my God, Joanie, I know exactly how you feel! We are going to a wedding this weekend and I am furious that those hours will be spent on someone else and not my family and home!

Hey, you'll also be able to go to all those fun book clubs and lectures and groups that meet at the library during the week at the inconvenient hour of 9:30 AM!!! Now that's a GOOD thing!