Sunday, March 28, 2010

IS THIS WHAT I HAVE TO LOOK FOWARD TO?

A group of 40 year old girlfriends discuss and discuss where they should meet for dinner. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at Luigi’s Restaurant because the waiters there are hot looking and muscular.

10 years later, at 50 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at Luigi’s Restaurant because the food and the wine selection there is very good.

10 years later at 60 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at Luigi’s Restaurant because they can eat there in peace and quiet and the restaurant is smoke free.

10 years later, at 70 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at Luigi’s Restaurant because the establishment is wheel chair accessible and they even have an elevator.

10 years later, at 80 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at Luigi’s Restaurant since they have never been there before.

omg..... I love this...when you get to be 80 everything is a brand new again. Score.

I'm making Oriental pot roast...don't ask. So far so good. I haven't put my choppers in on it yet. Smells veddy good. I made up the recipe because the one I found online had ginger in it, and I don't like ginger.....evar. So I took a piece of one recipe and another ...and am flying by the seat of my Oriental pants.

The weather has been absolutely the best today. It's warm, sunny and I see a little greenery popping out of the midst of ugliness in the garden.

Penny and I had some good play time. But after that it was time to come back in and pay the bills and do more bookwork. One more month of this...........then I will be set free. I will still do Gord's bookwork, but I won't have to GO TO REAL WORK. I hate to say that because something will jinx it. But a girl can dream. I will be able to do anything any damn time when I want to do it. .......... I hope I didn't jinx it.

Lately, I have been so busy I can't even take time to take pictures. That will change.

Oh, and by the way...do you want to know how stupid I am?

Short back story. We have a DVD player for our TV which we never use, but last week I decided to BUY...not rent two DVD's. Well, apparently when we bought the TV over a year ago, we didn't set up the DVD player correctly. Last night when Gord technek Bro came over I asked him to set it up for us. There was much swearing...because channels had to be changed and things had to be changed for this and into that....because we bought the cheapest and largest TV in the world. And after an hour .... the magic happened. We now have a working DVD player. I brought out a bunch of movies the kids (nieces & nephews) got us for Christmas...and ..holy shit batman DVD. wow...they played. THEN after watching all the crap Gordon wanted to watch on the first DVD, I put in the DVD ...Julie and Julia..I had bought at the store. WELL F**K.. I guess I'm a little new to this DVD stuff...I bought a blue ray DVD. Well, crap in a basket......apparently this is not a good thing when you don't have HD. Who knew? (except for all of youse guys.)

So, I have a perfectly good DVD I paid 28.00 fricking Cdn. dollars for.... If you want it and have blue ray give me a shout and I will sent it to you for nothing. It's no good to me.

I'm so waiting for everything to BE NEW AGAIN.

3 comments:

Judy said...

This group of girlfriends sounds like mine..except we aren't to the "everything is new again" phase--well, most of us aren't. Third Thursday of every month we get together for lunch and we discuss and discuss where we will go the next time. Of the 11 of us that get together, 9 of us started kindergarten together and most still live in the area. Our main problem is getting a place that is easily accessible so none of us will have a long drive. We aren't into long drives anymore.

Hope the pot roast was good. I don't much care of Oriental. (I think the PC term now is Asian.)

I didn't know the diff between regular DVD and Blue Ray either, so ... there ya go.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start everything fresh - when I'm 80! Hysterical!

Donna said...

Take it Back and exchange it! We've done that here...
and I FEEL 80 today!! Damn, I'm Tired!! And no rest in sight!!
I wanna Retire...NOW!!!!
Happy sunny day sugar!
hughugs