Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My heart is heavy

My best friend in the world (hippychick) is going through some tough times. More for her two children than for her, but none the less. Their father killed his lover and took his own life. In a love triangle, in my old small town where I grew up in. He had remarried and had a child who is now 8 years old. Hippychick and him had been divorced for at least 30 years.

It is sad, it is so unreal....he was always a cheater....but how could he do this to his family who were the best people in town......how could he do this? Janis's children are devastated...even though they didn't have him as "real" dad for most their lives.....they still loved him. I introduced Hippy Chick to him way back when...and he knocked her up.....and look what happened. I was her bridesmaid...... she didn't really want to marry him.. I remember she was crying before the wedding and said she had so much more planned for her life. But it was the 60's. You marry the guy that knocks you up, and make him pancakes in the morning.

Fate....can be fatal. There is much more to this story, but I will keep it private.

My heart goes out to Hippy Chick, who can't really be part of her children's grieving process because she can't be part of her children's dad's family as much as she would like. She is still a very good friend to them and they love her, but since he remarried years ago...it makes it awkward. Janis and his wife had become become very good friends over the years. She and her former mother in law( who is 93) ...are like mother and daughter...but when shit comes to shove...she is not part of the family...at this time...only the kids. I know it kills her. I hate that.

So, my heart is heavy. Who would ever think I would be looking at that part of my life again.

I just dribbled some wine in my keyboard...it's getting harder and harder to type..or maybe it's a tear or so.

5 comments:

Captain Poolie said...

My heart goes out to everyone. These are very sad tines and people are so hurt. You are a good friend for understanding and for being such good support for this family. Blessings, dear one.

Donna said...

Oh Lord Joan! Bless HippyChick and the children!!
And Bless your heart...No...it's Not your fault..Life happens the way it's Suppose to happen...
Much love to you...
((((((HUG)))))))

Sally said...

I'm so sorry to hear this; life just isn't fair sometimes. So very sad for your friend, her children and all who are involved by this. (((hugs)))

Grandma K said...

What a tragic thing to happen. Much love to you as you deal with this.

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry that your friend is having to go through this Miz Joan. My heart goes out to her and her children.