Friday, April 01, 2005

The Juno's have arrived in Winnipeg

For you Muricans...this is our Canadian National Music Awards , and this year it is being held in our brand new MTS Centre...in WINNIPEG.. The city is abuzz...with star sighting..ahem..which Canadian music artist do remember? None the less, we are proud because usually Toronta gets it or some other western or eastern Province. The worst news tonight was the Neil Young wouldn't be coming, he grew up in Winnipeg and was looking forward to participating, but had an anurisuim and is in hospital. When I moved to Winnipeg in the early 60's...Neil and his junk Winnipeg band would perform at a lot of Community Clubs around the city, and I had me a crush on him...and that was in the days when Burton Cummings from the Guess Who also were playing Clubs around the city as well. I never saw his band, but I remember Neil Young. So, it's notsobad for a little city like ours to produce two superstars like Neil Young and Burton Cummings and the Guess Who.. !!! Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman will be coming.

I went to a concert two year's when JOE COCKER came to town...(we are soul mates) Joes doesn't know that..but we are) and Burton Cummings was also part of the concert....It was the best!!!

The city has labelled the Juno's this year in Winnipeg as: "The Flatter the land..the harder the Rock"....that's a Prairie joke... but it man, we have rock and roll going on!

So, its very exciting around here...and on Sunday night the Juno awards will be ahappening!!..and I'm sure there will be a lot of talent there. Some will be a little off the wall, and boring, and some will be exciting..

okay...that would be my entry for tonight........best news...is...I saw me a Robin tonight....spring has sprung, the grass has ris...and I know where da birdies is....

No comments: