Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just a quicky...

It was Hippy Chicks Birthday today, so we all went out for supper...and now I don't have any jam left. I know....I am really getting old fartish. But, it's a week day people!! I have to go to work tomorrow.

Happy Birthday old friend; you always continue to amaze me with your energy and wonderful spirit.

She asked us not to bring any presents, but only a "slip" of a perennial from our gardens, that she could plant in her garden on the farm in our honour. How cool is that?

I brought my favourite plant. It's a prairie grass that has huge tassels on it once it's full grown. I have been looking for this plant for years, and I found it about 3 weeks ago. I bought three of them but only had room for two, so I gave the other one to her. So, it wasn't really a "slip" from a plant I had in my garden, but it surely is my favourite plant. I hope when she see's those big tassels waving in the wind when it's full grown .... it will me be waving back at her.

Happy Birthday Janis!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Awww, that's sweet!!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Janis!

You're a fine lady Miz Joan!

Donna said...

How sweet is That?!!! Hope she had a fun day!!hughugs