Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tree Sex

 



So, now we are here again "interneters"..my chance to spew a little of what has gone in my life this week. 



The fact that I am here at all is that we didn't work "smart" on the patio project today.  Nope, the boss gave me Sunday off, after all it's the Lord's day, and killing your wife with hard labour is frowned upon in heaven.  But..(you knew this was coming didn't you) his Lordship in his wisdom had another Sunday project planned. We have a tree limb about a foot in diameter that has been leaning into our eaves, and grunts and groans against the house every day. As an aside, it is right on top of our bedroom window.  Two weeks ago, he climbed the very tall ladder to the second story, and with a very dull saw cut away most of the branches.  It still grunted and groaned against the eaves every night.  Today, he came up with an electric saw.  This baby will cut down trees and can also be used to cut the stairs to our deck once we finish putting the patio stones back in place.  What a deal. My only thinking was, which one was going to kill him first. 



Okay then, he put the ladder (you know the one you saw me down on the ground with) back up to the highest point of the house.  There wasn't much room, between the tree and the house,  it was pretty well "straight up".  He got on the roof and started to take the biggest branches off before he took the limb off.  Those were big MF branches I tells ya, and when it fell, I felt the earth move.  I called up and asked him.."how was it for you"? He said "Man I am tired that was a big one", I said .."yeah, it was good for me too, it just missed my head".  All this in front of our neighbours to hear!.  Now they will know all our secrets. But like the twenty year old he is in his brain, he said "I'm going to chop off the rest of the offending limb from the tree trunk"... I called up, and said, enough already, you are going to kill yourself.  He said, "you are starting to piss me off"...WHAT! I yelled, just after we had tree sex!! You bastard! 



So, then he left the ladder that was propped against the house and stepped into the tree.  It's one of those tree climbing trees with a lot of huge limbs.  He positioned himself between the limbs lower down of the offending limb and sawed and sawed.  I was at the bottom holding the ladder, finally he said to me, "why are holding the ladder, I'm in the tree"?  Good question.  I guess I just like to help.  He finally asked me to get out of the way because the limb was going to fall any minute and it may just land on my "dogooder" head if I didn't move.  I didn't move, but was very surprised when it fell within inches of me while I was still holding the ladder with no one on it.  One can never be too careful. 



So, we cleaned up the yard, and I thanked God nobody was killed in our effort to stop the groaning above our bedroom window.  Our neighbours will miss that!



Gord and his bro Ron went out yesterday on their bikes to a small community in southern Manitoba to see the Windmills.  They are giant!!  And so majestic.  This is a new power source they are using in our province.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Gord at the bottom of the big mudder windmill ...he's my cool Fat Kat. I liked the way the picture turned out with only the two props showing in the pic..what good luck photography. Give the guy a ladder and he would have climbed it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



His Bro Ron

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: