Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lost my iddy biddy diamond..sob

This afternoon after I was coming back from the bank and going back to work, I was sitting at a red light and just glanced at my hands on the wheel of my truck, and realized the diamond on my engagement ring was GONE. It had come out of the clasps and I don't know for how long. I remember about a day of two ago, I kept getting the ring caught while I was dressing for work...and I think it had gone missing before that, and the clasps were hooking on to my clothes. I don't really look at the rings everyday...because they have been on my finger forever, so I didn't notice.

I am devistated. Gord gave this to me in 1995, and even though it was not the diamond of the century, it was mine. The only piece of jewellery that I own along with my mom's gold "family ring" with my bro's and my birthstones in it. I really treasure that, but I still want my diamond. As small as it was. My finger feels nakid...the wedding ring was set to fit in with the engagement ring, and now it looks stupid without it. Ohhh well...Gord says ...just be glad still have me, I lasted longer than the damn ring!! How romantic. bastard...heh... just wait, I will whine long enough and I will get a replacement..but this time I would like a handmade wide gold band. When I got engaged in the Olden Days...white gold was the rage.....so if I had to chose I would like real gold ... forget the diamonds..not my style anyway and I would like it to be really expensive. A girl needs at least one piece of jewellery to call her own.

It's not really his fault I don't have jewellery, because I just don't like shit hanging from my arms, ears and neck. My skin is sensitive and everything makes me itchy.

On another note: Did you hear about the guy the beheaded another guy on a bus? Yes, this happened only 50 miles from where I live. I heard it on the news and it makes me sick to my stomach....it is so unreal. I am sure some mental heath facility let this guy go because they didn't have time for him and put him on a bus to another city. It happens all the time. I feel so sorry for the people who had to witness something like this, plus the family of the innocent person who was killed.

What the hell is going on?

I sure am glad Special K didn't take the Bus to Winnipeg...she could have been on it...oy..

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry about your diamond Miz Joan. I lost the set out of mine about 25 years ago while helping to lay linoleum.

I saw that about the bus murder on the news last night. When they gave the trailer, I held my breath until I heard the details. What a horrible thing to happen! I'm glad Special K didn't take the bus!

Joan said...

Happy birthday to you miz Brenda....and whole many more!!

Donna said...

Sorry you lost your diamond!! But I like the gold band idea!
Yes, we heard it this morning!! It's getting rougher and rougher out there.....So glad Special K missed that bus!!!hughugs

Mary Lou said...

GOOD GRIEF!! no I hadnt heard that.. There are really some sick people out there any more.

Did Miss Kat make it in yet? Pinch her cheeks for me will ya?