Thursday, November 19, 2009

Apparently my feet are growing

What in the hell is going on with that?

I have been size 8 since I was in my twenties. This last year I can't get those big old hoofers in a size 8. I tried 8 and a half....still a little snug...Finally it got to the point to ...ummm let's try on a 9. Well, as much as I didn't want to believe it...they fit just right.

But my shoes look like boats. I no like. No likey at all. I watch my feet walk in front of me like pontoons. I guess over the years I must have flattened those sucker out, walked too much and made them bigger. I made my feet bigger! I knew I should have spent more time on the computer.

This brings to me to my shopping trip today to get new slippers. I love slippers. I wear those suckers out in a few months. eg. I should spend more time on the computer. Remember when I bought men's slippers when I couldn't find womenfolkkind one's. I damned near killed myself tripping over those big soles. Sometimes I wonder what I think before I flash my mastercard in front of the cashier. Really. What's your take on this?

I don't like shopping, so this is part of the problem. But today, I bought another pair of Men's slippers. I know. But the women's slippers were sooooo.. pink and down right ugly. I need me some working slippers..slippers that will take me in and outside of my house without crying....ohhh lord we are too pretty to work in the yard slippers. I don't like changing my shoes 30 times a day for every occasion. Now I got me some hefty rawhide slippers with a nice cozy fuzzy lining and a good sole.

So, when the dog has to go out in winter, I won't fall on my ass when I go on the deck....because my slippers have a "soul"...heh... they won't let me fall.

When I retire:
I will put on my man slippers....and get comfy... build a fire in the fireplace , and get the dog beside me on the sofa....... buy a Kindle...and download all the books I missed reading when I was too busy working. I'm all about technology. The Kindle just became available to Canada last week..

Now it's time for soup. Gord has a cold.

Now go about your business.

8 comments:

Grandma K said...

Your retirement sounds good! Down here, we crank down the air conditioner and push the dog away because it's too hot!!

Hope you will enjoy the Kindle. I am surprised they are just getting to you.

Sally said...

Ah, I remember the last slippers; glad you could find some you like this time. I haven't gotten a Kindle; not even sure what it is! :)

Judy said...

I love you! You make me laugh every single day. Knowing this--you have to write something EVERYDAY, or I won't laugh and you could be responsible for my miserable life.

Judy said...

By the way, I am into size 9's now too and it horrifies me!!!

Joan said...

yeah Jude..and least you are tall...

Brenda said...

I wore a 5 or 6 for most of my life and now my hooves swell so I just try on shoes till something feels right and don't even look at the sizes.

My favorite shoes are slippers.

What kind of soup did you make? I hope Gord feels better soon!

Dorie said...

Also your foot width decides to change at inopportune moments-be on guard for that one! Have you seen those "Mocs" they sell at Land's End? They're not bad for slipping on to go get the mail, etc.

Donna said...

It's downright gorgeous in here!!! Better to have man slippers than falling all over the place!
And I have a Kindle...the small one...Love It! No more going out in the weather to buy a book and it downloads in minutes!!
Happy day Miz Joan!hughugs