Monday, February 26, 2007

Things are looking up

My plow boy has just about got tubes and shit out of him. He is on his own now. We will just be waiting for the stress test on Wednesday to see where we are going from here. I am optimistic.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, you have no idea how much that meant to me.

He has been bossing me around all day today from his bedside this morning. So I finally had to get pen to paper to remember it all.

*Make a bank deposit
*Phone all the customers he had scheduled for this week, to tell them that he would not be able to do their service calls.
*Bring a clean pair of shorts on your next visit this afternoon
*Bring a toothbrush and toothpaste as well
*Tell the doctor I want to get the hell out of here NOW..ummmm..you tell him!

Just kidding, he isn't being unreasonable at all, but you can tell it's just making him crazy not being able to do things for himself.

Gord is know as "Gordy Good Guy" in our parts, and he is always the first person to be there when you need help. It's just his nature, he cannot say no to anyone. Even if you don't ask him. (therefore the heart attack sheez)..anyway I think by the outpouring of love he has received from his friends, neighbours and family, he will see that it has not gone unnoticed.

When I called one of his customers, I was so moved...she cried! She was sobbing on the phone and praying, while I was trying to keep my composure. When we finally started to talk, she told me that she had been a customer of his for 20 years and he was the only appliance repair person she could trust, because he was so honest. I told Gord the story after when I got back to the hospital, and I think he was almost moved to tears. There are so many fly by night crapola stinkers out there, that just take your money and run, and that is not how he operates...he gets the job done.

I haven't been able to eat for two days, but after talking to the doc, his customers, his family and my bro (who has gone thru the whole heart ordeal) .. I'm ready to chow down...

Now, if I could only get Penny off the couch that overlooks the driveway..waiting for her Gord to come home. I wish I could talk "dog" and explain it to her.

No comments: