Sunday, February 20, 2005

I should be...........

..Typing up a eulogy for my Auntie Ann's funeral
..Doing the laundry
..Taking the dog out for a walk
..Trussing a chicken (made that up)
..Doing the bookwork for our business
..but, alas, I am blogging....and trying to avoid reality. I have started on the eulogy but keep hitting the wall. I know what I want to say, but it all sounds so meaningless. I'm going to have to turn it around somehow, and do it from another point of view. I know that doesn't make any sense. But as I am writing this it is helping me think it through. I was thinking of giving a message to all the youngin's (neices and nephews)..that now all our elders gone, that with this new generations of aunties and uncles (my cousins and I) they had better shape up...because we kick ass!! ...put a little fear in their hearts ..he he....Old aunties were way to soft on em...

I got a real sweet message from my 18 year old neice after I emailed her of the passing of Auntie Ann. She wrote:
It's too bad and I am really sorry to hear that.
It was her time and now she is happy with the rest of her family by her side welcoming her through those big gates, I'm sure grandma and grampa will show her the ropes!!! man I miss them.


She was speaking about my mom and dad ..."show her the ropes"....too funny!

Enough procrastinating....I'm off to do what I must do...truss the chicken!! LOL...nevermind.

3 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Perhaps you should go online and find a eulogy alreayd written and re-work it to be your own. I don't think there's anything wrong with that - at the very least, it might get your thoughts moving in that direction and give you ideas.

Good luck to you in this.

My thoughts are with you.

Joe said...

What you gona do to that bird girl? It is either eleagel, imoral are fating! Have a good week Get the paper done!

Mary Lou said...

Man something seems to be going around in blogland...every body is sick. Im getting that way. (sneeze) sorry!!