I started a post last night, but was pleasantly interrupted by someone whose initials are S.K. ... how do like those apples, huh? So, I will just put up a quick quiz and see who can get the most answers right. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves till I get back tonight. Oh BTW I have a prize for the winner.
This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants knows the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear
inside the bottle The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine;
it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
7. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and
they are all common words. Name two of them.
8. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at
least half of them?
9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los Angeles Lakers?
10. There are 7 ways a baseball player can legally reach first base
without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls (a walk) is one way. Name
the other 6.
11. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned,
processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
12. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with
the letter "S."