Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dog stuff & serious stuff



She is such a witch/bitch, when she is tired of playing, she jumps up on the pickanic table with her ball and won't move. So I made her an igloo. I had most of her head covered at one point, but she broke through. I am sure she could survive all night with the temp's as mild as they are today.

Just talked with me bro. Sad, sad, sad. I last saw him during the Christmas holidays, and he was doing sorta okay. But, now his problems with his back have progressed to unbearable. He needs surgery, as his backbone is separating from his spine...don't quote me on that, but that is what I think he said. It is hugely painful. He is now on morphine pills and T3's. He told me today that this problem can be successfully be treated with surgery. I HOPE so!! He sounded so despondent and so weak. But, with our health care system, how long will he have to wait for surgery?

He can't do stairs anymore, and hasn't been out in a month. This guy, is not my bro! I cry for him. How did his life change so much in one day in July, after a heart attack to this crap. The heart attack was diabetes related, and all the rest followed. It almost seems to me that the heart attack triggered all the other stuff...but a doctor I am not.

I'm a little bummed out. But lets just see how it works out.

And a note:

To Andie Pandie...my sincerest condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father.

To Brian (Teach)..An Audience of One... my condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father.

It wasn't a very happy day in blogland. Two people I am proud to know are missing their daddies. I know how they feel, I have walked that walk, it's a very long lonely mile. Life as you knew it, has changed forever. Family get togethers, Christmas's, birthday's...you name it, there is an empty hole that can never be filled. Just take it one day at a time, and let your grief out, and don't be ashamed of it. It will heal you at the end.

No comments: