Monday, March 21, 2005

I feel like such a shit and have a rant

The Salvation Army just phoned here and asked if I could do some canvassing in our area on May 19th. for them. I said no. And didn't even give an excuse this time, usually I lie and say I will be in away on holiday in a foreign land. I am the worlds worst person to ask, don't they know that by now? I always give to the Salvation Army appeals, but I can't get myself to go out there and ASK for money...just isn't in me. It probably stems from my parents, who would never have asked a dime from anyone even if they were starving. I am aware I am asking for the poor and down trodden...But, I just cannot ask for money from anyone...I would feel way to rejected if they said NO. I would go home crying. Wuss.. I know.

Tis the season right now, I have had canvassers at my door, for Heart and Stroke, Cancer, Kidney, Liver, Lung, ....you name the organ... they are at my door, and I cannot refuse, because for some reason I think, if I do...I will get the disease...and have not done enough for research to cure it. BTW...I didn't mention the Humane Society...Greenpeace...and the various homeless missions around the city......it never quits....and the guilt piles up and up. Writing this, just reminded me that when my auntie died, flowers were declined at the funeral and we were to donate to the the Lung Association....shit I forgot that. I will get rite on that.

I don't want to sound like a "hard-ass"....but isn't all this going a little too far....how much to we have to give to keep our conscience clear...or help out. I don't know where it ends...it makes me sad, because I want to be a good citizen and maybe someone's kind generosity would help me one day...but after the government has taken there chunk of change out my pocket...their ain't a whole lot left!!!.....but I still keep on giving to all these people, and hope that one day it will all be worthwhile.

Sometimes I wonder where all that money goes to....does it really get in the correct hands that I have thought it was directed to. I don't know. But what I do know, it is starting to piss me off. I have so many questions...so little information....I guess it's time I get off my butt and see where my money is going...because it seems it's going in so many directions...and will never be found.

The media...is right now pissing me off as well....have you ever noticed that you cannot pick up a newspaper, listen to the radio, or watch TV....when they aren't flogging a health issues... I counted them this morning on the radio and newspaper.....12 issues before I even got my coffee drunk...6 came from the "morning show" on the radio and the other six from the newspaper...a tie!!...so I'm not wondering why half the peeps in this world are taking anti depressants....if you are totally inundated with this crap all the time....sometimes you feel like "what's the use"..... and go to work depressed.

Yes, I know, I could quit reading the newspaper and listening to radio, rent movies etc...but why should I?... I love real news....movies etc...but I don't need to be depressed ever two minutes with a sad story...even it would be mine one day.

Count the health issues stories in your newspaper tomorrow, on TV and Radio..are the media doing us a favour of making us aware?....how bloody aware do we have to be...we pretty well know what's good for us and whats not...it's no secret with ...Cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, fatty foods, exercise, you name it ... I am so tired of them shoving down my throat every damn day I watch TV and other media. Maybe it's because I am getting older and don't want to face those diseases, I don't know....but I really wish I could get up in the morning, have a cup of coffee, read the newspaper and listen to the radio...without doom and gloom...

There, I said it...

okay then...time for glass of whine....oops done that!!

No comments: