Friday, December 02, 2005

Still recharging my battery



All the cousins around grandma's Christmas tree. I'm the grouchy one by the door..lord!! I must have put too many Pin curls in my hair the night before and gave myself a headache. In those days, you could never have enough bobby pins.
Click to enlarge..it's scary.

Got my batteries on the battery charger, so I hope I lighten up soon:)

My boss has just got the better of me. For some reason he always does this close to Christmas, I don't know why. I need to work someplace else. He rents the office and warehouse space from Gord and myself. So, I can't say anything. I can't say boo. If I do, I will have someone mad at me. I can't quit..who will hire me..I'm 60 fucking years old. Mind you,this has been a very convenient arrangement for the last 10 years, but it's growing old. I would so love to work part-time, and I almost had that going 11 years ago. I quit my full time job and secured a small part-time gig, and I loved it. I had a whole year off!!! I have never, ever been so happy in my life. I baked, I painted, I cleaned, I took the dogs out for hundreds of walks, I had time to spend with my parents, I had time to think, read a book, crochet stacks of afghans for my nieces for Christmas. Yes, that was one wonderful year, I will never forget. That was the year we bought our first camcorder, and I took pictures of the first huge snowflakes falling, and the dog's frolicking in it. I remember it so well. I remember being at peace.

But since that time Gord has bought different properties, like the one I work in now, and it's all about the money...gotta make ends meet until it's viable enough to take money out of the company....I am so tired. I just don't know how to get out of this rut.

Well, after work today I decided to go to Canadian Tire...and bought myself a Christmas tree stand. One thing I WILL do this year is have a real Christmas tree. I don't remember why I stopped buying a real one and started with the phoneys.. but I will smell the sweet smell of a real pine tree this year. And, it can't be perfect, it must have flaws. Every tree we used to have at home when I was growing up always had a good side and a bad side, (according to my mom).

..just a note: Norton just decided to start a full virus scan, and I stopped him, "he looked surprised." .. like..okay then, get yourself a virus!! He was messing with my blog!!,slowing it down. But just in case I jinx myself, "Norton, you do a fine job."

Okay, where was I? oh yeah...the tree. I want one with huge branches that stick out so you can hang ornaments on it and they dangle. Most trees are so compact these days, you can't get nothing to dangle..dang it. And most of all I want the lead tinsel, I think I will go on ebay and get it, they had quite a few there. I would like to have some of those old fashioned bubbling lights like my grandma had on her tree. We used to be mesmerized watching the bubbles.

I guess I should be going.


See ya Sunday.

No comments: