Tuesday, February 14, 2006



It appears that my Valentine thinks he is getting lucky tonight!!...maybe, unless there is Olympic figure skating going on tonite, then he is shit out of luck.

Actually I have been a little gesaddened with the "pairs" skating so far. Are they anorexic? I see these little people with sticks for legs try to do unbelievable stuff, and end up practically killing themselves. It is a sad state of affairs, I say. I don't know if it's just me, but I liked it better when the skaters were more full figured (male and female) and glided with ease through their required elements. There was more passion and artist ability, now everyone is trying to out do the next with crap acrobatics. It takes away from what it is supposed to be.

I remember two skaters about 6-7 years ago? maybe longer..a French couple, I can't remember their names. Now, that was pairs skating at it's finest. Their performance told a story, a tragic one, and I was moved to tears just watching it. It was passionate, well choreographed, their costumes were beautiful. It just all looks like cardboard to me now.

Genough bitching...

My Valentine just came home. No flowers in hand. So, that is that...like a monkey in a hat. I have no idea what that means, but I'm out of here!!

No comments: