Friday, February 17, 2006

Pizza night! & I may be possessed.

For you weather watchers...it's -30c or something like that. After -30 it doesn't make much difference, it's bloody cold. I got me wooly socks on, and the heat turned up to Florida temps. It's cozier than a ugly bug in a rug in here.

Poor Penny's little legs were all frozen after she did her business earlier this evening. She was sitting at the patio door with one little hoofie hanging in the air, and her butt frozen to the deck. I had just gone to the bathroom before I let her out, and by the time I got back to the door she was a shuddering mess. So, I made her sit pretty before I let her in...jest kidding. I lost her winter sweater, I don't know where I left it. I have looked high and low, and it has disappeared, I wonder what she did with it. Surely it was not me who misplaced it, with my excellent long and short term memory abilities and all. It wouldn't have helped much anyway in this weather, her legs and feet were the culprits. I can't put those asinine dog boots on her either, because she has a set of stairs to go down to the yard, and they just go flying off her feet. She ain't no lady.

New topic:

I may be possessed. Of course you knew this. But this is different. It's my clock on my bedside table. In the last year, I have noticed a disturbing recurrence. I wake up precisely at 11 minutes after the hour. I usually lay on my left hand side which faces my clock. Sometimes I will wake up 3 to 4 time a night (especially if Gord has to take ONE more PISS!!..then blow his nose 1000 times..then read every newspaper we have sitting beside the can)..but that is not really the problem. I will wake up suddenly, and of course the clock is right in my face, and it's 7:11 (that has happened at least 20 times), and now lately it is 4:11, 5:11, and the other night when I went to sleep earlier than usual it was 11:11. It is starting to spook me. It's always 11 minutes after the hour.

It happens two or three times a week at different times. It must be some kind of omen. I don't like it.

On a lighter note: This just in from Calgary on news tonight.

A young child around 4 years old dropped his mothers wedding ring in the toilet and flushed it down. Calgary sewer officials managed to locate it in the nearest sewer outlet to her home. After sifting through...feces, and garbonzo beans they located it, and now it's back on her left hand. The official who was interviewed in the piece said that it was a common occurrence in CALGARY, to have their crews called to fish out items flushed down the drains. The most common item, he said were false teeth, wedding rings were the second most flushed item. He went on to mention, the last time they fished out a set of false teeth, the owner was so grateful, he put them back in his mouth immediately. That is so gross. The lady with the ring must have washed hers down, at least it looked like it, no toilet paper was evident.

Those Calgarians are a hearty bunch. Special K...Leslie..? from now on, keep them teeth in a pickle jar beside your bedsides..fer heavens sake!!

No comments: