Friday, November 17, 2006

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm not really in BETA yet. I have switched over, but have kept my old template. They let you back out if you don't like what you see. Therefore I am not yet kosher. Blogger gives you a choice of templates to choose from. The html code looks very different from the normal ones I am used to. I guess it's just set up differently using widgets or some dang thing.

I cannot use all of the features unless I use one of their templates!! I have tried, believe me. It always refuses the code. The stuff I can use are"label," "reader options," and a neat "spell check." (it highlites your error and you click on it for the right spelling). I have set up a test blog and am testing all the functions,and they are great. You can now put any dang thing in your sidebar with no fuss or muss. Just find a photo and click away, and it's there. Size used to be such an issue for me, and it always threw the template off. Also adding peeps to your list of people you read is a snap.

WARNING... Haloscan has not dealt with Blogger Beta. I switched back to my old template when I discovered that Haloscan would not recognize it. If you go on Haloscan's site there is no mention of any problems, but once you go to the forum it is being discussed with a lot of people. Some guys have a "work around", but I couldn't get them to work. But, of course I'm not the brightest bulb in the bulb factory.

I now can't put up a new template and expect Haloscan to work, or even the new template, because I have made the basic switch. I am still testing it in my laboratory. I am so stupid. So, if I want my long awaited Christmas blog to appear, it may not, nor will haloscan. Anyone out there smarter than me? Okay don't shove, I know you are all trying to get into line.

Are you guys laughing a me? You know how much I like to change my template!! You buggers!! But, once you are totally switched on to Beta, you can change different things in the blogs that they provide. But how much I don't know. I will go and clean up my test blog and give you a gander.

I am only reporting on what I found, and of course I'm no genius, and may be cryin foul for no reason.

SK..shudup!

1 comment:

Special K said...

I said nothing!